I am a designer, photographer, product builder, and visual artist. I've led multi-disciplinary creative, marketing, and product teams, creating holistic experiences for B2B, B2C, and B2B2C brands from startup to enterprise scale. I've exhibited and spoken at conferences worldwide, working with leading brands like Rolling Stone, Flickr, Herman Miller, Tesla, ESPN, National Geographic, Zara, Clif Bar, and Miramax.
In 2011, I joined the startup Duo Security as their first product and brand design lead, forming a brand ethos, product experience, and marketing methodology that led it from a handful of employees to over 700, with $300m+ in annual revenue and the highest NPS score in the security industry, in just a handful of few years before acquisition by Cisco Systems in 2018. By the time of acquisition, my 30-strong team was responsible for marketing and positioning that drove 90% of the company’s deals through inbound demand generation efforts.
At Cisco, I led the re-envisioning of Cisco's security division, developing a new brand, Cisco Secure, building a product-centric brand team, and simplifying an acquired product portfolio of 80+ disparate products around a singular experience; Cisco SecureX. During which, Cisco Secure became the fastest growing division of the tech giant, with 10%+ y/y growth, and fast became the paradigm for SaaS transformation within Cisco.
I've also played several volunteer roles within the arts, technology and creative realms, as well as extensive work with the Ann Arbor Art Center where I am currently the Board Chair.
I'm now advising, consulting, and investing in other startups, including Censys, Armorblox, Pipe, Blumira, AbstractOps, and others, bringing a design and end-user centric philosophy to businesses and sectors where that is a major opportunity for differentiation and growth.
- 2020-Current → Advisor → Armorblox, Censys
- 2018-2021 → Director of Brand & Digital → Cisco Systems
- 2015-Current → Board Chair → A2AC
- 2013-2018 → Head of Design & Creative → Duo Security
- 2011-2013 → Advisor → Duo Security
- 2004-2013 → Designer/Developer → Freelance
- 2004-2018 → Photographer → Freelance
- Rolling Stone, Herman Miller, Zara, Bloomberg, HGTV, TJ Maxx, Popular Mechanics, ESPN, Wall Street Journal
- 2002-2004 → Lead Designer → Catylist Software
- 2000- 2001→ Designer → Borders
- 1996-2000 → Student → University of Michigan
Clients and Publications
National Geographic Traveler
The Wall Street Journal
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
American Photography 26
The Collector’s Guide to Emerging Art Photography
Gym Class Magazine
Photographs on the Brain